THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

Monday, April 11, 2011

Congratulations to Charl Schwartzel.  This year's Masters was one of the most entertaining I've seen in years.  Tiger and about a half dozen others were in it until the last few holes.  I really felt bad for Rory McIlroy.  He totally tubed it on the back nine.  His play on #11 kind of reminds me of me, except we play triple max on any hole.  The pressure of being in the lead on the back nine at Augusta has to be tremendous.  It's kinda like the pressure I feel when I am either in the lead or even with TGO going into the back nine at Rockwood or Ditto. 

1 comment:

  1. Rockwood or ditto....walking down memory lane...........I started playing rockwood in the sixties.....if i broke 100, it was time to celebrate....Once I (no joke) hit a drive on 18 that was the classic worm burner...I was tailing an equally bad golfer and friend entering the 18th, the drive....worm burner headed for the pond some fourty yards in front of the tee. The golf gods were looking down, like i was a conway or something and I hit a turtle sunning in the pond and my ball carried over the pond into the fareway. A massive 140 yard drive, one of my better ones of the day. MY friend and opponet was so shocked and dismayed seeing my lucky shot, he prceded to hit three into the pond. A victory for me was now assured even with a couple of chillly dips and a routine 4 put......next stop in my mind after that day was thePGA.

    ReplyDelete