THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

Monday, September 19, 2011

Saturday we played Split Rail.  It has rained the night before and so we were cart path only.  The course was in pretty good shape and the weather was great. 

Joel rebounded from his swearing, club throwing round in the 90's to a smooth 83.  Russell, as usual cranked out a nice 85.  If he could have gotten a few putts to drop early in the round, I think he would have won the match.  Ed played well also, and as usually I cam in last with a 95.  It could've been a lot better but I finished the last 5 holes at 13 over!!!! I am serving notice on the group for next week, however, that I have clearance from the doctor to use tylenol, so hopefully I won't hurt as bad.  We are playing Whitestone in Burleson next week.  It will be interesting to see what kind of shape the course is in since they have filed for bankrupcy protection along with Hidden Creek and Lost Creek.

1 comment:

  1. Split Rail is a top five course for me of the ones in our rotation. It's always in good shape and has some challenging holes. It has some of the toughest par fours we play. The par threes are easier than a lot of courses and the par fives are all three shot holes.

    My putting was, at best, inconsistant! I made a couple of one putts, but had several three putts. I am putting a new putter in my bag. It was time for a change. I know, its not the putter, but the person, however, the biggest mental aspect og golf is putting. Will report if a new putter helps?

    ReplyDelete