THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Well I'm sitting in my easy chair watching the U.S. Open on Fathers Day.  McIlroy is -17 on #10 and it is all but a formality that he will win and probably set the new record for under par for a major championship.

I had an invite to play tomorrow morning at Frisco Lakes, but I have to travel to Chicago this week.  Russell and Ed are out this Saturday and it will likely be Joel and I and we'll see if we can get Higgy and Bob Tole.

I had a lesson with Troy Lewis at Fossil Creek on Friday.  I have been making really poor contact the past three weeks and need to get straightened out.  Troy's got me taking the club back a bit more to the inside as well as coming back to the ball more from the inside.  Also have a bowed wrist which is leaving the face open at contact.  Part of my problem is also that my back stiffens up after about 9 holes and makes it difficult to turn my lower body.  I've got to keep working on that.

Happy Father's Day to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Saturday, the course was the big winner. Wind gusts, slow play, and no course knowledge took its tow. I was lucky to shot 90. My driving has improved (distance) but my iron play and short game was poor. If my short game isn't sound, my golf scores really suffer. I like playing different courses but, I have to admit, one of my strengths is course management, and not knowing the course, does effect my decision making and usually hurts my score. I am looking forward to tounament in July. Hopefully, everyone can play.

    ReplyDelete