THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

Monday, November 7, 2011

Last Saturday, the 4 amigos played Whitestone in Benbrook.  The course was in good shape and the greens were "lightning fast".  It seemed the slightest tap sent the rock way past the hole.
As usual, Russell smoked us all with a very well managed 87.  Joel started off like a banshee and looked like he was going to run away with the match, but Russell always manages to dominate.  Joel finished with an 89.  Ed had a 99, and I had a 100.  I was really excited that I came close to not being last, but I did hit a few nice drives.

I think what separates Russell and Joel is their ability to manage their games.  When Joel can control his drives he is a formidable opponent, but week in and week out, you just have to go with Russell.

This Saturday, we are playing Stevens Park in Dallas.  It has been re-done and should be in really nice shape.  Stay tuned for more.

1 comment:

  1. Whitestone has improved, although plagued with financial troubles, the course was in pretty good shape. The free shirt was abonus, until I wore to work on Monday! The pea green color set off a furry of comments.....baby runny green....the jolly green gaint....where's the stop sign, you have the green sign on...were typical and continous. When I told one that it was free..he said I should get my money back?????
    Back to golf....last saturday the wind was really a key factor with the higher scores. But somethings are consistant....Joel's outburst and throwing of clubs......unfortunity Frank's hip giving him trouble and the snake trying to bleed me of money, using gas and transportaion as a reason. Also, I had to take my wekly beat down from the younger gagin snake.

    ReplyDelete