THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

Monday, November 14, 2011

We played Stevens Park in Dallas Saturday.  They have just redone the course and I feel have done a great job.  I think we all liked the layout really well, and there are some great views of downtown Dallas from several places on the course.  On the back nine, the wind began picking up pretty well and seemed to affect everyone except TGO (the great one) who shot an incredible 81.  I think Joel shot an 89, Ed took pity on me and let me finish with a 98 and he closed it out with a 99.  I called my wife and told her I finished third!  She asked me if only 3 people played?  BADDA BING! 

We played from the blues, which really shouldn't have made much difference, but Joel was really psyched out over it.  I tried to side with him as he was whining over this, but it was still only 6000 yards.

Next week we play Bear Creek West, and it should be a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous Says.....all golfers should be color blind. No more whites, blues, reds, or blacks!

    I have never understood why so much emphasis is placed on colors???????? Yardage for sure, slope you bet...but colors!

    Does a black man hit it longer because he is black, or a white man hits it longer than an Indian (Red Man) give me a break!

    If I place the black tees in front of ever "ladies" tees on a golf course, some would go crazy, begin to over swing and loose any menatl edge. It's not colors..its length!

    That being said....have a blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete