THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Well we spent the fourth of July in Pagosa Springs Colorado and had a great time.  We arrived on July 1st and settled in.  I played golf at the Pinon an the Meadows nines at Pagosa Springs Country Club.  I played with a Dentist from Houston and the owner of a new restaurant in town called Thai Chile.  It was a fun round and the course is very picturesque with great views of the mountains.  I played OK but nothing to write home about but did have 2 birdies mixed in with some pretty bad shots.  The ball carries a bit better at about 7500 feet.  I also hit one of the ugliest shots in recent years.  I hit a shank (yes I said it) and skipped the ball across a small lake up onto the green about 4 feet from the flag and birdie the hole.  This falls into the area of "they ask how many not how"
We ate at Tequila's Mexican restaurant sitting at an outdoor table above the San Juan River and across from the Pagosa Springs mineral baths.  After dinner, we changed into swimsuits and soaked in a 102 degree pool, which felt really good.  On July, 3rd, we ate at one of my favorites in Pagosa, JJ's by the River.  They have a pork C|hop that must be about 3 pounds cook and it absolutely delicious.

We staked out a primo spot for the July 4th parade, which was really fun and great small town fun.  Later on after dark we parke3d by the river and viewed a great fireworks display.  If you get a chance to visit Southwest Colorado, I can't recommend anywhere any higher.  We saw a gourgeous hot air balloon taking some folks for a ride on a beautiful crisp clear morning.

OK. enough of the travelogue.  This weekend 6 of us are going out to the Cliffs at Possum Kingdom to play 3 rounds.  and overnight on Friday.  I'm really looking forward to playing the course, which I understand can be tough but fun.  I report on it next week. Here's a link for the Cliffs for your viewing pleasure The Cliffs Resort

3 comments:

  1. This blog (I thought) was about golf, not listening to a middle age man talking about changing into a bathing suit! And hot air baloons, if I want hot air baloonery, I'll listen to Ed talking about how his handicap should be raised for the upcoming tournamaent.
    And the restruant tour and bloage......just tell me were the greasy spoon is located and do they have a McDonalds. Skipping the ball over the pond....did you call upon the name of Joel for Luck. Higgie took your place, somethings were the same, higgie couldn't hit as long as you do, but struggled with the putter like you...but, we did feel you were right with us in our foursome in the end............I recieved $2.00 in wolfie money and Ed got a buck......ain't golf fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know who anonymous is but I think he should be banned from the website in light of your spirit of the blog based on the Galations verse that is quoted. He should be spending more time in the Word and less on vain Ecclesiasticle rantings. Joe Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog owner must "model" his website after the daily newspaper....The daily newsapaper is really a thing of the past...with out dated news and each issue seems to be getting smaller and smaller. We need fresh, alive, exciting news and stories. I will even take some of the travel and restruant reviews.....wait......no I am not that desperate.......that would be like asking or taking lessons from higgie..somethings are just not right!

    ReplyDelete