THE FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT IS LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS AND SELF-CONTROL. AGAINST SUCH THINGS THERE IS NO LAW. ( GALATIANS 5:22-23 )

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We have finally gotten our short summer golf outing set up at the Cliffs resort at Possum kingdom.  We are going to play an abbreviated version of our yearly tournament there.  We have tee times on Friday Morning and Saturday as well.  Ed is setting up the format, but I think it's going to be a modified stableford.  If I had to pick a favorite right now, it would be Ed.  He has been playing really well lately.  Of course Joel and Russell are capable of firing a really low round at any moment, but on form, I am going with Ed.  Speaking of form, mine has been abysmal lately.  I am taking lessons trying to modify my swing a bit to take some pressure off my back.  We are working on a shorter backswing, taking the club a bit more to the inside and working on some alignment changes that make it easier to turn my lower body.  As you all know, it is difficult to change old habits, but it's either that or stop playing, which isn't going to happen as long as I have anything to do with it.  I am lucky to play with a group of guys that really have a good time and make it a fun time, so even a bad round with those guys is still fun.  Of course on the ocassional round when I don't come in last, it's even more fun.  Stay tuned for pictures and stories from the tourney.  Hopefully I won't mess up the picture taking like I did in Pagosa Springs, CO.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it has come to the attention of this person that not all readers agree with the substance and style of my bantering? Therefore, I have three options that i am considering:
    1) I should apologize to the vast readership of this blog
    2) Fall on my knees and beg my heavnly Father for forgiveness of my sins (by the way that one is already taken place as I sin daily)
    3) Tell the person who complained to get a life

    I choose number three,,,,,,,,,,,,
    My comments are satire, designed to poke fun at others and MYSELF and are meant to bring out thoughts/comments/responses.

    Therefore, after much consideration and reflections from my critics I have decided to continue in the same fain as always.

    have a blessed day and do not step on a rake in the sand trap..........it may cause as much pain as one of my blogs.........

    ReplyDelete